Monday, March 30, 2009

Soldier















Just like a soldier you battle for my soul
More like a Father you come and take me home
~Chorus of Soldier by Bebo Norman~


Hey everyone,
Today I am going to focus on the first line of the quote above.   God is a soldier battling for our souls.  I just want to focus on that.  How awesome!  When I hear that (and read it) it just makes me smile.  It is so cool to know that God loves me so much He is battling for me, for my soul. 
   On the other hand I also think about that fact in a deeper way.  There is a war going on for me right now.  The spiritual battle is going on and I often forget that and give in to the temptations that Satan places in front of me.  Most of the time I give in to what ever he throws at me and don't even think about what I am doing.  I let my guard down and give the devil an opertune chance to strike.  

Eph. 6:13-15  (the message)
Be prepared.  You're up against far more than you can handle on your own.  Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so the when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet.  Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words.  Learn how to apply them.  You'll need them throughout your life.  God's Word is an indispensable weapon.  

  Right now I am fighting to apply faith to my walk with Christ.  As most of you know I had surgery in January and am in the recovery.  Let me tell you it is very easy to become discoraged on this long haul to healing.  Everyday I have to tell myself to keep going even when I don't see results right away.   I have to have faith in God.  I have to have faith that God will bring a full recovery to my body in time.  His time.  
  That is how I am growing into a better soldier at this point in my life. I am working hard so that I may fight for my soul right next to my Savior.  And win.  


~Megs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment