Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Encouragement

Dear Readers,
   This is now my second week of being put on video production at LLBC and I am enjoying it immensely.   I pretty much work for David Jackson and do whatever he wants me to do.  My job usually consists of recording (audio) chapel every morning and evening, and this week I am also recording (video) the new dish crew orientation video.   On the side I am also helping the bible speaker and his wife (Mollie and Nathan Jones) record interviews and other things for chapel.  I have learned so much doing these things and more.   It is so much fun!  
    I would encourage you to go to the camp website and check out the changes we have made and the new things we have added.   You can download the chapel sessions now and then you can listen to them on your computer, ipod, or you can burn them onto a CD.  
    Over the past few weeks God has really encouraged me to work hard at each one of the jobs put in front of me.   In my position that can be (and most often is) very hard.  My job is new.  I am the only one who has ever had this actual job before, so I'm kind of a gopher as well as videographer.   I am starting to find my place among the staff, but at first it was really hard.  I'm used to  different schedule, I'm used to knowing exactly what I'm supposed to do and when.   But in this job things are totally different.  I have to ask questions about what to do.  I have to be flexible to record at different times, I have to be willing to stretch my mind to do things I've never done before.   And I have to be ok with the fact that no one knows what I do.   That last one is the hardest for me.   I love being praised and acknowledged.   In this job hardly any one sees me because I'm behind a computer most of the time.  The coolest part is, I'm ok with that now.  God pulled me beyond what I thought I could do and now I'm a better videographer because of it.  I'm a better staff member because of it.   I'm a better person because of it.  
   So now I want to encourage you to work hard at each and every job God puts in front of you.  Even if you don't like it at all.   He could make you into a better person because of it.  Strive to be all you can be, but without any praise.  Be a servant to all, but don't let anyone know.  Sing praise to God for all he has blessed you with, but don't let anyone else hear it.   
    A few things you could pray for if you have a chance:
-Health
-That I will pace myself and not work my legs to much
-That I will glorify God in all I do
-Campers
-The heat (it has been super hot and just please pray that no one will get dehydrated)
-Chapel (that God will speak in mighty ways)

God Bless and I love you all!

Megs



No comments:

Post a Comment