Monday, November 9, 2009

a quick thought on criticism

Dear Readers,

Do you worry about what others think of you?

Really that is a ridiculous question, because if you are human you do. End of story.

So why do we worry, and care about what others think of us?

In the end when we dwell on the way others think about ourselves, we lose our own thoughts and trade them in for someone else's.

I wish to have a passion of my own, but when I concentrate on fitting into a mold that is not me I lose my God given passion!

Oh why do we do this to ourselves!

God must cry out every time he sees us take on the image of the world. Now I want you to please take heart, I know this is a short post with a short message but it is very important.

-Please keep your individuality and do not lose your love of God!

-Be strong and courageous (Deut. 31:6) not lacking in zeal (romans 12:11), but instead living out God's plan for your life.

-Do not waver and fall, but stand firm.

-Do not worry about your outward appearance and the criticism of the world. They do not matter, all that matters is what our Abba thinks. He is the master of all, and creator of all. He does not just think, He is, He knows, and He decides what is right and true.

Please take on the challenge and take part in this battle. Share the love and passion that Christ has given you. Even when it is hard. I am writing this specifically to myself as I struggle with it every day. I know how difficult it is to not join the trends and to just ignore the biblical truths.

I will be praying for you all, and I hope, with all my heart that you will pray as well.

With the love of our Father,

Megs


The fear of criticism robs man of his initiative, destroys his power of imagination, limits his individuality, takes away his self-reliance, and does him damage in a hundred other ways.

~Napoleon Hill~

1 comment:

  1. very cool megs, thanx.
    i think u should write a devo book!! that would be cool! brice

    ReplyDelete